Friday, August 26, 2011

Waiting for restoration?

A few days ago, I wrote about an epitaph from a partially covered gravestone in a pile at the back of Darby Township Cemetery.

Today I am feeling a bit guilty for cropping away the perfectly legible child’s marker that obscured the one I featured. To make amends, I offer the gravestone for William B.L. Darety (d. 1851).

It is a small, white marble tablet. Simple, with no epitaph and no decoration. Is there is a record of the location of young Darety’s grave? I hope so. I hope his gravestone is simply waiting its turn to be repaired and restored to its proper place.


WILLIAM B.L.
Son of
WM. & M. DARETY,
DIED
July 13, 1851,
Aged 5 Y’s
1 mo. 5 d’s.

Darby Township Cemetery, Madison County, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...