Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday’s child: Samuel Saladay

Young Samuel Saladay (b. 1836, d. 1843) died two days short of his seventh birthday.

His grave is marked with a simple gravestone crafted from siltstone, a material proven to hold up beautifully through years of our Ohio weather.


In
memory of
SAMUEL,
son of Jacob and
Elizabeth Saladay,
born Janr 29th 1836,
died Janr 27th 1843,
aged 6 years,
11 months & 29 days.
My Parents dear weep not for me,
My time was short and blessed is he
That called me to eternity

Old Saint Peters Cemetery, Fairfield County, Ohio

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and am amazed at the beautiful work done by the stonecutters there in Ohio.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beverly. Not always flashy work, but I am often amazed at what these old Ohio stonecutters did! Wish more had signed their work...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...