Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday’s child: Aldrich daughter

With Aldrich ancestors on my mind since visiting the graves of Timothy and Lucinda Aldrich in a remote country cemetery, it seems appropriate to devote this Wednesday’s post to an Aldrich child.

An
Infant,
Daughter of
Timothy &
Temperance
Aldrich, died
Dec 20, 1829

This child was the granddaughter of the Timothy I blogged about earlier, daughter of his son Timothy. Temperance is buried nearby, although I could not find a marker for the younger Timothy. He remarried after Temperance died; perhaps he and his second wife are buried elsewhere.

The child buried here was my first cousin, four times removed. I wish she had a name.

1 comment:

  1. To be given no name is a truly sad thing, for it is a symbol of our identity, and for it to happen a few days before Christmas, makes for a Joyless season for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...