Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Intermission: Wordle fun

There is a heat advisory today. Maybe not the best afternoon for a graveyard hop. Better to pursue indoor activities—like creating a Wordle!

A what? According to the Wordle home page, “Wordle is a toy for generating ‘word clouds’ from text that you provide.”

Here is my personal surname Wordle, with locations added, just for fun:



I gave the Wordle maker the URL for this blog, and it promptly generated this Wordle:



Don’t let my conservative, gray-toned word clouds fool you. You customize the font, colors, layout. The font I chose for my Wordles is “Powell Antique,” which seems just right for genealogy, history, and such. Of course, since this is a gravestone blog, I favor the color palette “Ghostly.”

Give it a try, but don’t say I didn’t warn you: Wordle can be addicting.



Thank you to Twitter buddy @genwishlist for the surname cloud idea.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! What a great way to spend a hot day inside.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...