Saturday, June 5, 2010

Unfinished business at Oller


Instead of driving straight home after my visit to Cheshire Cemetery (more on that in a later post), I decided to swing over to Oller Cemetery again. I’ve been kicking myself all week for not photographing the probable grave marker for Effa Hamilton (b. 1805, d. 1852), the wife of Isaac Butt (d. 1876).

Yes, most of it was as difficult to read as I remembered—except the first name. EFFA is clear as can be. Don’t know why I thought I couldn’t read it when I wrote my earlier post. See? Should have taken the photo the first time.

Today, unlike my last visit, the sky was overcast and thunderstorms were on the way, and so I didn’t stay long. I’m sure I’ll return soon to Oller Cemetery, but for now, I’m feeling satisfied that I have finished my business with Effa.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warm welcome, Dr. Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently revisted a tombstone picture myself - and the obvious was staring right at me. Duh! It was like a V-8 moment :-0
    Welcome to the Geneabloggers group!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...