Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday’s child: Mary and Ruth Parker

The Parker plot at Westminster Presbyterian Cemetery includes the small double gravestone for sisters Mary Parker (b. 1865, d. 1866) and Ruth Parker (b. 1879, d. 1882).


MARY
BORN NOV. 23, 1865
DIED AUG. 4, 1866

RUTH
BORN MAR. 4, 1879
DIED DEC. 8, 1882

CHILDREN OF
E. SOUTHARD
AND
M. ISABELL
PARKER.


The Parker stone that first caught my eye was their father’s, E. Southard Parker. Mr. Parker was my great grandmother’s brother-in-law. She must have admired him because she named my grandfather for him: Southard Parker Mayer.

Somehow I failed to get a close-up of Mary and Ruth’s small foot stones. See them in the plot photo? It is a six-hour trip back to this cemetery, but these foot stones are on my to-do list.

Westminster Presbyterian Cemetery, Juniata County, Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...